Using Your WSU Email Account
Reasons for using your WSU email account-
- Email is free
- Web access is free
- You get announcements from WSU
- Announcements from the course will be sent out to you using this
- It is free!!
Biggest problem- People who do not empty their trash, their mailbox
fills up & they cannot receive any more e-mail!
Empty your trash in your WSU Webmail account.
You may use it as your primary email address, or
You may forward your WSU email to another address (which may cost you
Directions to forward your email-
That's it! All your WSU & WSU class announcements should now
be coming to you.
- Open your browser to mail.wayne.edu
- Enter your access ID & Password & click Submit
- Once inside, click Options on the left side of the window
- Once inside the next window, click Forwarding
- Fill in the box with your other email address & click Start
- Advice from WSU, do NOT forward your WSU email.
New to WSU or First Time Users-
For details about your AccessID account, see below.
-- Your AccessID account is automatically created within one hour after
person's information is entered in Banner.
-- Your AccessID format is two letters followed by four numbers, e.g.
-- Your AccessID is printed on your OneCard.
-- The initial password for the AccessID account is set to the 9-digit
ID number (also known as the Banner PID), which is also printed on the
-- Your AccessID account needs to be activated before you can use it.
-- You can activate your AccessID account by logging
to WSU Pipeline.
-- The AccessID activation process automatically drives first-time
users through several key steps, including:
- establishing a permanent password,
- establishing a challenge question/answer set (for self-service
- setting an email Name, and
- optionally forwarding WSU email to another email address.
- New students can get their initial AccessID login information
off of their OneCard.
- Students should immediately use WSU Pipeline to activate