Directions: This is the field trip
assignment and it is due the last day of class. In
teams of one or more, with a map or
good knowledge of Downtown Detroit, you are to find the
following places and record the site
name and the historical significance. All are Michigan Historical
Markers except where noted. Even though you
may work in a team, you need to turn your own, individual results.
In order to save you writing all the historical significance,
you may take a (digital) photo of the marker(s), however, you must be
in at least half of the photos.
All sites can be found on foot from a
place downtown, south of the Fisher Freeway (I-75) east of the Lodge
Freeway (M-10) & west of I-375. More details in class.
Click for a Scavenger Hunt Preview
• Campus Martius (monument at south end)-
• Chrysler (service drive) between Lafayette & Congress-
• Hart Plaza- 2 markers + a memorial-
• Jefferson & St. Antoine-
• Larned & Beaubien-
• Larned between Washington Blvd. & Shelby (inside driveway)-
• Monroe & Beaubien-
• Monroe & St. Antoine-
• Randolph at Cadillac Square (building marker)-
• Randolph Between Congress & Larned-
• Randolph between Larned & Congress-
• St. Antoine & Monroe-
• Woodward & Fort-
Possible bonus for other downtown historical markers not on this list.
If driving, be careful!!