"There is a third dimension to traveling, the longing for what is beyond." - Jan Myrdal
Congratulations, this class has been named by the United Nations Secretary General as Goodwill Ambassadors to the World. You will be assigned a world voyage to explore diverse places and cultures while gaining a better understanding of how the rest of the world lives compared to YOU. Your group has been awarded a 30,000 U.S. cyber dollar stipend to complete your voyage of discovery. Although each World Ambassador may fulfill particular jobs within his or her group, you must plan and travel together. You have a three week window to complete your voyage.
Some work as been done for you. All passports have been received and your vaccinations are up to date. Also, all teams have been escorted and admitted to the United Nations Headquarters in New York to begin your voyage.
Aspects of this task include, but are not limited to:
• Managing funds, coordinating travel/eating/lodging and preparing fellow ambassadors for travel risks within each country. Travel Agent
• Examining the political systems in the countries of your voyage. Politician
• Exploring and documenting museums, art, and culture in each country. Art Critic
• Researching the history of each country. Historian
• Describing the economic situations and standard of living within each country and the social issues that tend to result. Economist
• Comparing and contrasting all of the above to the United States.
Upon returning from your journey of exploration, your group will report the above findings to the remaining World Ambassadors in a colorful and exciting presentation using materials ranging from poster board and markers to a stage and a frilly skirt. Finally, a complete research paper organizing the above information and utilizing your group's opinion and personal perspective will complete the term of your Ambassadorship.
page for more information.
Home Task Process Resources Evaluation Conclusion